Deborah Monshin understands that your privacy is important to you and that you care about how your personal data is used. I respect and value the privacy of everyone who visits this website, www.deborahmonshin.com (“My Site”) and will only collect and use personal data in ways that are described here, and in a way that is consistent with My obligations and your rights under the law.
- Definitions and Interpretation
In this Policy the following terms shall have the following meanings:
|“Account”||means an account required to access and/or use certain areas and features of My Site;|
|“Cookie”||means a small text file placed on your computer or device by My Site when you visit certain parts of My Site and/or when you use certain features of My Site. Details of the Cookies used by My Site are set out in Part 14, below; and|
|“Cookie Law”||means the relevant parts of the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003;|
- Information About Me
My Site is owned and operated by Deborah Monshin, a sole trader.
Contact details: Deborah Monshin.
Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Based in : Windermere, Cumbria.
- What Does This Policy Cover?
- What is Personal Data?
Personal data is defined by the General Data Protection Regulation (EU Regulation 2016/679) (the “GDPR”) as ‘any information relating to an identifiable person who can be directly or indirectly identified in particular by reference to an identifier’.
Personal data is, in simpler terms, any information about you that enables you to be identified. Personal data covers obvious information such as your name and contact details, but it also covers less obvious information such as identification numbers, electronic location data, and other online identifiers.
- What Are My Rights?
Under the GDPR, you have the following rights, which I will always work to uphold:
- The right to access the personal data I hold about you. Part 13 will tell you how to do this.
- The right to have your personal data rectified if any of your personal data held by Me is inaccurate or incomplete. Please contact Me using the details in Part 15 to find out more.
- The right to be forgotten, i.e. the right to ask Me to delete or otherwise dispose of any of your personal data that I have. Please contact Me using the details in Part 15 to find out more.
- The right to restrict (i.e. prevent) the processing of your personal data.
- The right to object to Me using your personal data for a particular purpose or purposes.
- The right to data portability. This means that, if you have provided personal data to Me directly, I am using it with your consent or for the performance of a contract, and that data is processed using automated means, you can ask Me for a copy of that personal data to re-use with another service or business in many cases.
Rights relating to automated decision-making and profiling. I do not use your personal data in this way.
For more information about My use of your personal data or exercising your rights as outlined above, please contact Me using the details provided in Part 15.
Further information about your rights can also be obtained from the Information Commissioner’s Office or your local Citizens Advice Bureau.
If you have any cause for complaint about My use of your personal data, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office.
- What Data Do We Collect?
- Contact details ( Your address (if it’s where the business is based) Billing Address (if different), Email address, Telephone number(s))
- Payment information (name, address, amount,).
- Technical Data – Logins details, IP address, browser type and version, time zone setting and location, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform and other technology on the devices you use to access this website.
- Website Usage (via google analytics)
- Reviews – on Google, Facebook, Amazon (this data is controlled by Facebook Google and Amazon)
- How Do You Use My Personal Data?
Under the GDPR, I must always have a lawful basis for using personal data. This may be because the data is necessary for My performance of a contract with you, because you have consented to My use of your personal data, or because it is in My legitimate business interests to use it. Your personal data may be used for one of the following purposes:
|What We Do||What Data We Use||Our Lawful Basis|
|Providing and managing your access to Our Site.||Technical data. Identity Contact data||Contractual requirement & Consent.|
|Administering our Site.||Identity Contact data. Technical Data||Contractual requirement & Consent.|
|Administering our business.||Identity information Contact data Payment data.|
|Supplying our products and services to you.||Identity information Contact data Payment data.|
|Managing payments for our products.||Payment details via Paypal||Contractual requirement.|
|Google Anayltics||Tech data (ip is anonymised and|
|Communicating with you.||Contact data||Contractual requirement for orders.|
Contact form – Consent.
If we need to use your personal data for a purpose that is unrelated to, or incompatible with, the purpose(s) for which it was originally collected, we will inform you and explain the legal basis which allows us to do so.
- How Long Will You Keep My Personal Data?
I will not keep your personal data for any longer than is necessary in light of the reason(s) for which it was first collected. Your personal data will therefore be kept for the following periods (or, where there is no fixed period, the following factors will be used to determine how long it is kept):
|Type of Data||How Long We Keep It|
|Identity Information including title, first name & last name.||Order details will be with company accounting records for up to 7yrs in accordance with UK tax law.|
|Comments on blog post||Will remain on site, as long as the site remains.|
|Order details – Payment information including Order amount, payment method.||7year in accordance with UK tax laws.|
|Newsletter Email address||Maintained by Mailchimp – can be unsubscribed at any time.|
|Email communication||Addresses and email from enquiries not covered in other sections will be periodically removed 6monthly.|
|Technical Data – IP address,||Logs & Google Analytics (IP is anonymised)|
- How and Where Do You Store or Transfer My Personal Data?
I will only store or transfer your personal data in the UK. This means that it will be fully protected under the GDPR.
And where companies I use have access to your data to a third party based in the US, (such as site security) they will be part of the EU-US Privacy Shield. This requires that third party to provide data protection to standards similar to those in Europe. More information is available from the European Commission.
Please contact Me using the details below in Part 15 for further information about the particular data protection mechanism used by Me when transferring your personal data to a third country.
The security of your personal data is essential to Me, and to protect your data, I take a number of important measures, including the following:
- All Devices used to access details are password protected, with up to date internet security software and where available Two Factor authentication.
- My website has industry standard SSL to encrypt data from our site.
- Other than an email address if you leave a comment – your personal data is not stored on our website, it is merely transmitted to us via email and stored on our email service and our contact management system on devices.
- Communication Data is stored on our Email servers / cloud storage / Mobile phone
- Payment is taken through payment system such as Paypal.
- Website security – Protects sites from access by anyone without permission to get on the site- and being able to add potentially harmful files on the site.
- Do You Share My Personal Data?
In some limited circumstances, I may be legally required to share certain personal data, which might include yours, if I am involved in legal proceedings or complying with legal obligations, a court order, or the instructions of a government authority.
I may sometimes contract with the following third parties to supply certain services. These may include payment processing, delivery, and marketing. In some cases, those third parties may require access to some or all of your personal data that I hold.
If any of your personal data is required by a third party, as described above, I will take steps to ensure that your personal data is handled safely, securely, and in accordance with your rights, My obligations, and the third party’s obligations under the law, as described above in Part 9.
- How Can I Control My Personal Data?
In addition to your rights under the GDPR, set out in Part 5, when you submit personal data via My Site, you may be given options to restrict My use of your personal data. In particular, choosing if you wish to sign up for the newsletter for direct marketing purposes (including the ability to opt-out of receiving emails from Me which you may do by unsubscribing using the links provided in My emails.
- You may also wish to sign up to one or more of the preference services operating in the UK: The Telephone Preference Service (“the TPS”), the Corporate Telephone Preference Service (“the CTPS”), and the Mailing Preference Service (“the MPS”). These may help to prevent you receiving unsolicited marketing. Please note, however, that these services will not prevent you from receiving marketing communications that you have consented to receiving.
- Can I Withhold Information?
You may access My Site without providing any personal data at all. However, to use all features and functions available on My Site you may be required to submit or allow for the collection of certain data.
- How Can I Access My Personal Data?
If you want to know what personal data I have about you, you can ask Me for details of that personal data and for a copy of it (where any such personal data is held). This is known as a “subject access request”.
All subject access requests should be made in writing and sent to the email or postal addresses shown in Part 15. To make this as easy as possible for you, a Subject Access Request Form is available for you to use. You do not have to use this form, but it is the easiest way to tell Me everything I need to know to respond to your request as quickly as possible.
There is not normally any charge for a subject access request. If your request is ‘manifestly unfounded or excessive’ (for example, if you make repetitive requests) a fee may be charged to cover My administrative costs in responding.
I will respond to your subject access request within less than one month of receiving it. Normally, I aim to provide a complete response, including a copy of your personal data within that time. In some cases, however, particularly if your request is more complex, more time may be required up to a maximum of three months from the date I receive your request. You will be kept fully informed of My progress.
All Cookies used by and on My Site are used in accordance with current Cookie Law.
Before Cookies are placed on your computer or device, you will be shown a pop up box requesting your consent to set those Cookies. By giving your consent to the placing of Cookies you are enabling Me to provide the best possible experience and service to you. You may, if you wish, deny consent to the placing of Cookies; however certain features of My Site may not function fully or as intended.
Certain features of My Site depend on Cookies to function. Cookie Law deems these Cookies to be “strictly necessary”. These Cookies are shown in the table below. Your consent will not be sought to place these Cookies, but it is still important that you are aware of them. You may still block these Cookies by changing your internet browser’s settings as detailed below, but please be aware that My Site may not work properly if you do so. I have taken great care to ensure that your privacy is not at risk by allowing them.
In addition to the controls that I provide, you can choose to enable or disable Cookies in your internet browser. Most internet browsers also enable you to choose whether you wish to disable all Cookies or only third-party Cookies. By default, most internet browsers accept Cookies, but this can be changed. For further details, please consult the help menu in your internet browser or the documentation that came with your device.
You can choose to delete Cookies on your computer or device at any time, however you may lose any information that enables you to access Our Site more quickly and efficiently including, but not limited to, login and personalisation settings.
It is recommended that you keep your internet browser and operating system up-to-date and that you consult the help and guidance provided by the developer of your internet browser and manufacturer of your computer or device if you are unsure about adjusting your privacy settings.
- How Do I Contact You?
To contact Me about anything to do with your personal data and data protection, including to make a subject access request, please use the following Contact details: Deborah Monshin.
Email address: email@example.com.
Facebook Messenger: www.facebook.com/deborahmonshin.author.79
I may change this Privacy Notice from time to time. This may be necessary, for example, if the law changes, or if I change My business in a way that affects personal data protection.